Tournament directors are university officials, community members, dedicated volunteers, and Science Olympiad alumni who host, manage, and oversee regional tournaments.
Ohio Science Olympiad tournament directors make every effort to provide a challenging and engaging experience for all participants. This page provides resources to better assist with tournament planning, event practices, and consistent execution throughout the state.
Tournament directors have a responsibility to ensure to the best of their ability that each participating team at any Invitational, Regional or State Tournament is a certified member of the Science Olympiad national program. If multiple teams (JV/Alternate/etc.) from the same school are allowed at your Invitational or Regional, each team must be registered with a state office
Check if a Team is Registered
Additional Tournament Director Resources
As we navigate these unparalleled and challenging times below you will find links to upcoming and recorded workshop and training(s):
- Scilympiad Platform Demonstration + Q & A - Planning on running a Satellite SO or Mini SO Tournament this season? Want to learn more about the Scilympiad platform for managing your tournament or team? Then this upcoming workshop is for you!
- How to Run a Mini SO Competition - Deep dive on Mini SO
- Fundraising for your Science Olympiad Team - Shares some fundraising best practices and ways to fundraise for Science Olympiad during the pandemic
- Virtual Mentoring for Science Olympiad teams - Shares ideas for working with SO participants in the virtual space.
Forms & Documents
- Regional / Invitational Directors Form
- Insurance Request Form
- Scoring Best Practices
- Students with Disabilities Guidelines
- Regional Tournament Winners
- Event Logistics Manual
- Follow Us Social Media PowerPoint Slide
- Scoring Guidelines
- Division B Score Sheet
- Division C Score Sheet
- Physics/Engineering Event Score Sheets
Total Teams Registered