About Ohio Science Olympiad
As one of the state’s premier science competitions, Ohio Science Olympiad allows students in grades 6-12 to demonstrate their skills in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). Ohio ranks seventh in the country for the overall number of student participants.
Each year, more than 4,500 students from around the state of Ohio make up 300+ teams that compete in the program. Tournament competitions consist of 46 hands-on events in multiple STEM disciplines that require preparation, commitment, coaching and practice throughout the year.
Ohio Science Olympiad is a chapter of Science Olympiad, a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to:
- Improve the quality of science education
- Increase interest in science
- Attract more students to science careers
- Foster teamwork
- Emphasize the problem-solving aspects of science
- Develop a technologically-literate workforce